What do battery storage systems do?
It literally does as its name suggests, stores any energy that your solar pv system has generated that you have not used. So you can use it when you’re using more electricity than your pv system is generating, such as in the evening. Some types, if there is enough energy stored, will enable you to use electricity during a power cut.
What types of battery storage are there?
There are two different types of battery storage systems: AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current).
Benefits of an AC battery
Benefits of a DC battery
- modular battery storage size
- superior monitoring
- high load appliance bypass possible
- can work with any PV array size
- can be retro fitted to any array: single or three phase
- AC systems will continue to run in a power cut as standard
- AC system has a 10 yr LG battery warranty to 90% discharge with a
- 5 yr charge controller warranty too
- Fixed battery storage size
- can work with pre-determined PV array sizes: 2KW to 4KW , 3KW to 6KW with either 2.7KW or 5KW storage
- can be retro fitted to any single phase array
- It is more cost effective, however it must be kept indoors and adjacent to the existing PV inverter
- DC systems will continue to generate even when its dark
- DC system has a 5 year warranty on all parts and equipment
|Features of an AC battery storage system
|Features of a DC battery storage system
- Grid parallel energy storage system that optimizes self-consumption.
- Wide range of available inverter/chargers: 800 VA to 10.000 VA in 12, 24 and 48 VDC.
- Both wired and a wireless connection to the meter central distribution box is possible.
- Built-in anti-islanding / loss of mains detection.
- No restrictions on PV Array size.
- No minimum or maximum battery size.
- Suitable for many battery types.
- Three operating modes, from basic to custom, covering both standard and custom systems.
- Free usage of the VRM Portal and the VRM App for remote monitoring.
- Winter switch: keep batteries charged in periods where there is a continuous shortage of solar power
- Customer friendly design for Residential solar storage system
- Wall-mounted design, saving installation space
- low installation cost
- Wide temperature range and long storage period acceptable
- Larger DOD to maximize usage of battery capacity
- Long cycle life to ensure lowest cost per Wh.
- Lithium battery cells to save weight allowing loft installations!